How to Lead with Principle in Everyday LifeAug 24, 2023
In today's complex and ever-changing world, it's more important than ever for leaders to have a strong set of values to guide their decision-making. Values-based leadership is an approach to leadership that emphasizes the importance of leading with principle. Values-based leaders are guided by their core values, which they use to make decisions and set priorities.
There are many benefits to values-based leadership. For one, it can help to create a more cohesive and productive workplace. When employees know that their leaders are guided by shared values, they are more likely to feel a sense of belonging and purpose. Additionally, values-based leadership can help to build trust and credibility among employees. When leaders consistently live their values, they earn the respect and trust of their team members.
If you're interested in becoming a values-based leader, there are a few things you can do. First, take some time to reflect on your own values. What are the things that are most important to you? What kind of impact do you want to have on the world? Once you have a good understanding of your values, you can start to integrate them into your leadership style.
Here are a few practical tips for everyday use:
- Be consistent. Values-based leaders are consistent in their words and actions. They live their values, even when it's difficult.
- Be transparent. Values-based leaders are open and honest with their team members. They don't hide their values or make decisions that are inconsistent with them.
- Be fair. Values-based leaders treat everyone with respect, regardless of their position or title. They are fair and impartial in their decision-making.
- Be accountable. Values-based leaders are accountable for their actions. They take responsibility for their mistakes and learn from them.
Values-based leadership is not always easy, but it is a rewarding way to lead. When you lead with principle, you create a more positive and productive workplace for everyone involved.
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:
- The Values-Driven Leadership Framework: https://cvdl.ben.edu/leadership-framework/
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: https://www.stephencovey.com/7habits/7habits.php
- The Leadership Challenge: https://www.leadershipchallenge.com/
STAY CONNECTED FOR MORE OF OUR LIFE LESSONS
Get access to the latest & greatest of information that is coming out of our heads.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.